PiNA NGO, in collaboration with the Institute for Electronic Participation, is organising the SMARTeD project workshop on the topic of sensationalism, false news and media literacy. The event will take place on April 10 at the premises of PiNA in Koper (Gortanov trg 15).
What future awaits news production in the flood of social networks, likes and tweets? Where the truth lies in the world of fake news? Are you interested in strengthening media literacy of young people through an informal learning approach?
Join us at the event aiming at learning practical tools for identifying fake news and various training methods and strategies for addressing the issue of disinformation. By attending the event, you will gain:
– a critical view of media sensationalism;
– practical experience and materials for analysing media messages;
– the knowledge of the different types of media and the credibility of the information provided;
– a space for networking and exchange of experiences between the participants.
The workshop is intended for non-governmental organisations, youth workers, educators, students and others interested in the topic.
9:45 – 10:00 Registration of the participants
10:00 – 11:00 The introductory lecture by Dr. Sonja Merljak Zdovc: Fake news yesterday, today and tomorrow
11:00 – 13:30 Workshop I: Using the ESCAPE method in working with young people
– Analysis and identification of false news examples
– Working lunch
– Working in groups
13:30 – 16:00 Workshop II: Developing recommendations to combat fake news
– Overview of platforms and online tools for addressing fake news, fact checking and other e-democracy tools
– Feedback on the recommendations and presentation of EU efforts in tackling fake news (Mr. Franc Bogovič, Slovenian member of the European Parliament)
– Fake news and disinformation situation in Estonia and Greece
– Working in groups
http://www.inepa.si/institut-inepa/novice/272-smarted-workshop-sensationalism-from-where-to-where.html (in English language)
https://www.pina.si/senzacionalizem-od-kod-in-kam/ (in Slovene language)